Well, my due date came and went. Although without a baby, it did have some excitement to it. On the 18th at around 11:00pm, I started having mild contractions, fairly regularly. They did intensify and get closer together, so I was up all night and by 4:30am decided I ought to at least go get checked. We got there, and I was still at a 2 and 60% (I almost made the nurse check again just to make sure). They went ahead and hooked me up to the monitors, and indeed I was having fairly regular contractions that were getting more intense. After an hour, still no change. So they said I could walk around for an hour and get checked again, or they could go ahead and turn me loose. So I opted to walk around. After that, I was still at a 2, but the baby's head had dropped very low and I was effaced 80-90%. I was so exhausted by that time, that I opted to just go home and try to get a little rest (that was easier said than done because the contractions were getting more intense). I managed to sleep for about 2 hours, then at around 3:00pm, the contractions had gotten intense enough where I could just barely walk through them, and had to stop and catch my breath if trying to converse. We were just about to head back up to the hospital when I thought that laying on my right side would feel good. Did that, fell asleep for another 2 hours, woke up and the contractions had all but stopped! Then today, nothing! You can imagine my frustration. Oh well. I guess it just wasn't time. He still seems to be moving fine and all that, so I guess I'll just have to wait. I have another appointment Monday, if I make it through the weekend. So, I'd imagine my next post will be either the baby is here, or the baby will be here on.....
If you look down at my links you'll see that I added a link called Leah's Mom. This is a blog that Leah has created to keep friends and family updated on her Mom's health. She has a condition that has gotten to the point of needing both a heart and lung transplant. Her Mom and the family have very strong faith, and are okay with whatever God's will is. But, either way, it's a tough road to travel and they can use all the prayers they can get. So please check it out and add them to your prayer lists.
1 comment:
I'm sure L.J. will be here any day now! : ) Are you at Willow or Washington?
Post a Comment