Well, I made it to another doctor appointment, and today was told there was really no change from last time. You can imagine how discouraging that is to hear when you're doing everything in the book to get things going. So the doctor said she could strip my membranes (whatever that means) to try to get things going and I gave her the go ahead. Well, by the time that was done, I was doing everything to crawl off the end of the table. So, I guess I now know that "stripping membranes" in laymans terms means the doctor tries to make her hand come out your throat.
Well, tomorrow is the full moon, so we'll see if that triggers anything. We'll keep you posted.
6 comments:
Oh, Kellye, hang in there! You are almost there!! I know the feeling of the dissapointment you must have felt, especially when you were so hopeful! I'm sure we will see you very soon with a little boy in your arms!
I have been reading your blog through Jessica's and I had to comment on this post! With my second baby, the doctor stripped my membranes and I totally understand what you are saying!! But within 3 hours I was in the hospital in full active labor if that makes you feel any better!
Can't wait!!!!! ;-)
I've heard that the stripping of the membranes is a terrible thing!!! Hang in there!! He'll be here before you know it!
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. I appreciate you!
I cried everytime I left the doctor's office for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy, because I NEVER made any progress. Don't worry he'll be here soon! My sister had her membranes stripped (OUCH!) and it worked- so there's some hope for you!! :) Love you, girl- we can't wait to meet LJ!!!
I'm wondering if you have your little one now! I'm praying for a quick delivery and a healthy baby!!!
Post a Comment