Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dr. Appointment (revised....with pictures)

The following pictures were taken at my baby shower about a month ago.


This is Michelle, Vong and I. Michelle and Vong are fellow civil engineers. We stayed up many a nights fretting over tests, working on projects and bashing our heads against the wall with structures problems!



Awhile back I told everyone that Melody is pregnant too. I think she's right at the beginning of the second trimester in this picture, and I was around 32 weeks.

I didn't realize these were the most recent photos I have. So I'll need to get some more profile pics soon! Also, I currently don't have any pics of the nursery either!!! (I really thought I did), so those will have to come later too. Oh, I have to throw this one in:



I had another doctor appointment yesterday, and thank God my body is actually deciding that it will not remain pregnant forever! I know dilation and effacing really means nothing when you talk about 1.5 cm and 40%, but it does reassure me that the light at the end of the tunnel is at least getting brighter (I actually meant that figuratively, it wasn't until I reread it that I realized it could also be interpreted literally). Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up for an early arrival, but I asked the doctor how far over my due date he'd let me go without inducing. He said, assuming everything was healthy, he'd let me go a week over. For those of you who don't know, d-day is the 19th.

I'm still working full time, but chances are good that I'll end up cutting down to 4 hours/day if LJ doesn't arrive soon. My poor feet are quite tired and swollen come the end of the workday, leaving me with painful stumps to stand on while trying to get housework done. Gary's been super-helpful, but things at work just picked up dramatically for him, so his time has become a bit more limited too. Other than my feet, I really can't complain to terribly much. I have had a relatively decent pregnancy so far, but I definitely don't enjoy pregnancy as much as I thought I would. It's funny how BEFORE I got pregnant all everyone ever told me about pregnancy was how wonderful, exciting, and miraculous it is. Then AFTER I got pregnant, several of those same people told me how sucky morning sickness is, how miserable the last trimester is, and how painful labor and delivery is, etc. After I experience the whole thing for myself, I'll see how my opinion compares to others I've heard.

All is well, though. Binx likes to sleep in the bassinet, and Nala climbs on top of the crib canopy to get stuffed animals out of the pet net above the crib (a picture will help with visualizing that one). OH, and as for the kitten, they did end up keeping her, and it sounds like she's already spoiled rotten something terrible. They named her Abby, which I think suits her just fine.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I can't wait to see pictures of you and the nursery! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I remember how miserable the last few weeks were, but you'll forget all about it after he gets here. You'll start to remember again after he's about 6 months old though! :) Haha!

Jessica said...

Ha, ha! You make me laugh. Morning sickness has not been fun at all, but I think getting to decorate the nursery will make it all worthwhile for me. Ha, ha! : ) Can't wait to meet LJ!

B said...

SO CUTE! I was wondering how you knew Michelle. I knew she took your christmas photos, but wasn't sure how you knew her. She and I went to church together for years. You look adorable and I'm sure you're ready to go!