Thursday, July 3, 2008

Life with LJ....Day 12

Well, the first week was a pretty rough transition for me. Thank God Gary was here during it. Between feelings of having no clue what to do with this baby and crying over every little thing (I kid you not...I cried when I told Gary I needed to put the flea medicine on Binx and Nala!), I felt like I was loosing it! Finally I tossed most of the information that I've read about what newborns are "supposed to do" out the window, and decided to just let him make his own schedule, at least until he gets a bit older. That seems to work out MUCH better. Although he's really calling the shots, I actually feel like I'm much more in control than I was.

LJ went for his 2 week check-up today, and the pediatrician said he was a healthy, strong little man. He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz (gained 6 oz since birth), and is 1/2 inch longer (21 inches total). It was reassuring to me to have the doc say that he is healthy, etc. since I've felt I had no idea what I was doing.

Sorry for no pictures right now, we need to dump them off of the camera and onto the computer. Hopefully I'll get some posted soon.

Oh, for those of you wondering how the cloth diapers/wipes are working out. So far, I LOVE them. I absolutely adore the Bumgenius 3.0 diapers. They are FANTASTIC! I could go into more detail, but here's a link instead http://www.bumgenius.com/one-size.php check them out for yourself. I'll still use disposables when cloth is not feasible (on trips, etc), but mostly I use the cloth.

No comments: