This was a funny face that he's started making. It cracked us both up.
LJ has been a really good baby so far. Although he has started crying more than he used to, but he really never cried before, so ANY crying is more than I'm used to. All-in-all, he's doing very well. He's been pretty consistantly sleeping from about 9 or 10 until 3:30ish, then going back to sleep until 6:30 or 7. So I really can't complain too much about his routine.
Since I have several friends who are also expecting, I thought I'd list a few of my favorite things for their benefit.
1) Sling (http://www.starslings.com/) My friend, Stephanie, got me one of these, and I don't know how I'd get by without it. It frees up both of my hands to do chores, and LJ LOVES it.
2) Angelcare Deluxe baby monitor (http://www.amazon.com/B%C3%A9b%C3%A9Sounds-Angelcare%C2%AE-Deluxe-Movement-Monitor/dp/B000VS8WGA) This has a movement sensor, so I'm not constantly checking to see if he's breathing. DEFINATELY worth the money, in my opinion.
3) A bobby. Definately a lifesaver when starting out breastfeeding.
4) The diapers and wipes I posted a link to earlier.
5) Soothie pacifiers. It's shaped more like a bottle nipple, and is the only one LJ will take.
6) Lanolin and breast pads (if you plan to breast feed). Trust me, you'll need them! Also, Gary went by the natural food store and got some "Mother's Milk" tea for me (recommended by our pediatrician), and I'm not certain it didn't help my milk to come in sooner, so I'd recommend having some on hand.
3 comments:
sounds like you are doing a great job! Keep the pictures comeing!!
He is such a beautiful baby. His eyes are shaped so perfectly.
I like your list too! We used soothie bottles with the last two(I don't think they were around before that)I love the pacifier the comes with them! Riliegh still prefers it. I learned a trick with breast pads you should try. Get a package of Always overnights and cut circles out of them. They work wonderfully, are cheaper, and thinner than breast pads. Just be sure to position them where the cut side is facing up and you won't have to worry about leaking.
You seem to be loving mommyhood! I'm glad you're having such a good time.
Oh Kellye, he is so adorable! I just LOVE babies!!!! When I see his picture it make me want one more (well...kind of!).
I am such a bad cousin for not coming to see little LJ. Hopefully soon the Mayes family can meet him. I'm so glad everything is going well. It sounds like he's got a pretty good sleeping schedule.
I really enjoy seeing all the pictures of the sweet little guy. Can't wait to see more! ;-)
Post a Comment