Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sick of being sick!

I thought that the immune system was supposed to be in over-drive while the body is pregnant? Apparently MY body missed the memo. I finally got over the sinus infection I got after we got home from the cruise, only to come down with either a bad cold or possibly a mild case of the flu, and I've been battling it since Tuesday. Complete with fever, chills, aches, stuffy/runny nose (that conveniently drained into my lungs)...the works! Hopefully Gary will be spared this one, but I think he'll be lucky if he is. As long as I don't overdo it, I seem to be feeling better (no fever, chills, aches), but the runny nose and chest congestion are still with me. I'm planning to continue to play it safe and stay home at least until Monday.

While I've been hesitant to take medicine while pregnant, and try to only take it when necessary (even though the dr. says it's fine), I've had to take what I feel like is a lot in order to keep my fever down and now to clear up the chest congestion (I've had pneumonia before, and it's absolutely NO fun). Baby LJ seems to be moving even more now than before I got sick, so I'm going to assume its had no effect on him.

While I've been nothing more than a lump on the couch that occasionally changes the channel on the TV, Gary has done a good job (actually exceptional job) of keeping the house clean for me. Which is a HUGE blessing! Anywho, hopefully Monday we'll find life back to "normal." Hopefully all of you reading this are in good health and you stay that way!!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Evan has been sick with fever this weekend-sounds like the same stuff you have!!! Kendall is also congested, but she doesn't seem to feel all that bad, although she did wake up in the middle of the night to eat, which is not like her! It may be because we've been stretching out her feeding times, too. Anyway, hope you get better soon!!

The Hickmans said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Being sick and pregnant makes it double worse!!

Anonymous said...

Get to feeling better! The baby is adorable! hope all is well, other than the sickness!! :)
-Marisa