Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random Thoughts

Gary's been sick with the crud that's been going around, so today has been a take-it-easy day. Since it's raining cats and dogs and thundering/lightning outside anyway, that makes it pretty easy to do. I'm definately ready for spring to get here, and especially ready for this cold and flu season to take a hike. I'll take the allergies that come with springtime any day. The trees are getting impatient too. Almost all of them have huge buds on them that look like they could pop open any day...especially our pear tree.

We've been trying to get this house ready for the baby to get here, but I feel like everytime we get the opportunity to get something done something else that needs immediate attention comes along. Fortunately, Monday is a federal holiday, so I have the day off...maybe I can get something done then. We picked out the carpet we want to put down in both the office and in the nursery. It's really nothing special, but it will certainly look better than what's presently in there. I suppose that's at least a step in the right direction.

Anybody had any experience with painting over stained and sealed wood trim? I would usually say to do such a thing is a sin....so...okay, I'm going to sin. We're going to paint over the trim that is presently in the 2 rooms that we're recarpeting, and, of course being pregnant, I'm not supposed to paint. However, I know that latex paint is okay if used in a well ventilated area. I've always heard that the oil-based paints are the best for a job like that, but does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a latex paint that is similarly "forgiving" (streaks go away)?

3 comments:

B said...

No ideas for the painting...but how about a belly shot so we can all see how cute you and baby are!

Campbell Crusade said...

When I helped my aunt paint over her finished cabinets we were told to lightly sand them first to roughen them up- the paint was suppossed to go on better that way unlike on slick finished wood trim. Good luck!!

Amanda said...

I agree with Brandy... let's see your sweet belly! Melody said you are looking pregnant, but I haven't seen you since Christmas. :-)