Thursday, February 7, 2008
Suggestions wanted....
Okay, over the past 3 years, I've had 3 different times that I'll just randomly start breaking out in hives. The first time it occured, I attributed it to an allergy to Tetracycline, after 3 months of the hives coming and going (usually in a matter of hours), they finally ceased. Then about a year and a half later they started up again, following the same pattern. This time I could not attribute it to anything I'd used/done/touched that was different (ruled out soap, shampoo, detergent, food, seasonal allergens...every external trigger I could think of). I concluded that it must be something like stress that was causing the breakouts, because the first time it happend was right after we'd bought our house and were moving, and the second time was when we were replacing the carpet with wood floor (that was very stressful for me). The second time, the hives came and went at random over a period of about 6 weeks...that was almost 9 months ago. So, yesterday, I all of a sudden start itching all over, and within minutes am broken out in hives from head to toe. Again, they were here and gone within about 3 hours after taking 2 benydryl. I have had the flu and I'm pregnant, so physically speaking, I guess I've been under stress, but emotionally or mentally, I haven't felt stressed at all (unlike the past 2 times). Has anyone ever had this happen or have any suggestions to what might be triggering this?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your body is under stress, being pregnant and all. Are you putting Hydracortisone on your rash? I'm pretty sure they have 2% at wal-mart. My mom has the same problem and I think she went to her doctor, maybe dermatologist, and he gave her something to take daily. When she runs out, her rash comes back. I don't think it was allergy related. Other than that, hydracortisone and benadryl are the only things I know to do!
Love ya!
Brittany Sasser
My mother-in-law had a period where she broke out in hives off and on for several years. I don't remember what or if they determined what it was from. I will give her a call and get some more info. I'll let you know... In the meantime, I hope that you feel better soon!
When I was pregnant with Gracie, I broke out several times. I never felt stressed, it would just happen for no reason. The worst breakout I had, was when I was in the hospital in labor. Dr. Partridge looked me over for a reason, and couldn't determine one. She gave me Benadril and soon after I was fine. I'm really not sure what to tell you. Sorry. Even though you probably don't feel like you are stressed, your body is going through a lot right now. You might ask your doctor at your next visit. I'm sure they could give a better explanation. Hope it clears up soon. Love ya! ~Amanda
Gosh! No! I haven't. Have you ever seen a dermetologist? I go to mine for EVERYTHING! I love him!
oh welcome to the club. i have the exact same problem. it started for me about the time me and lindsey started to date. that did not last long but over the past year i have had hives hundreds of times. there was a month and a half that i never got off of benedryl. eventually i figured out that for me if i could force my self to not scratch once i started to itch. which was very hard to do the hives would never come up. if i did scratch however then where ever i happened to do it i would see that red rash appear. one night lindsey even drew a happy face on my stomach with my rash by scratching it in.
i am sorry to hear that you have to go through this i know it sucks. mine always happened right about the time i would go to sleep of on my way to school.
as for the cause i could never figure it out. they come back once and a while but all i can say is scratching will only prolong the itch. so try hard not to and the rash may not show up.
hope that is helpful.
My husband started breaking out last year and it was just awful. We spent a long night in the emergency room because of it. We finlly narrowed it down to he had developed a mint allergy. He has never had a problem with mint before, but all of the sudden his body decided no more! A couple of months ago we did a test. He ate 1 peppermint patty and within minutes he started breaking out. So all in all, you might have developed an alergy to something that never bothered you. It was helpful for us to write down everything he had eaten/ touched/ used when he broke out and then we noticed the pattern.
Post a Comment