Today the doc tested LJ for anymore blood, and it came up negative! Hurray! We've been on breast milk for almost a week now (I didn't go the full week on formula because my milk supply was suffering, even though I was pumping). Anyway, so he is allergic to something. I'm almost certain its cow's milk protein, and possibly soy, but I have yet to add things back to my diet to see what it is. I'll start adding back peanuts/nuts, then wheat, then soy....if none of those flare it up again, then I'll know it was the cow's milk protein. He's still a gassy little booger, but I think a lot of babies are at this age; hopefully he'll grow out of it.
5 comments:
Hey...I have a friend here in Louisville that her daughter has an allergy to protien in breast milk. I had NEVER heard that before. I hope you figure out what is causing everything so you can keep nursing! I KNOW what it's like that have to give that up!!! Hang in there!
Leah
ps. click on Nick, Jennifer, and Kate and she might have some stories. She eventually had to quit nursing, though.
Hoping you are doing okay. : ) Thinking of you and LJ this week.
Yeah! You are so good to be so diligent in figuring it out. I probably would have given up and switched to formula by now!
Great to see you last night! You looked cute with that sling, shopping! : )
I hadn't been on here in awhile, and I can't believe how much he's already grown!!! LJ is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment