Well, on Monday I prayed for God to give me the wisdom and LJ the ability to go to sleep in the crib, without the sling, and yesterday he did just that! I can only contribute the fact that I even THOUGHT to remove the crib bumper and dust the cobwebs off of a lightweight swaddler and wrap him up in it to devine intervention...apparently the crib bumper WAS freaking him out, and his arm flailing was waking him up and/or popping his pacifier out. Not ONLY did he take his naps in the crib throughout the day yesterday, but he slept from 11 last night to 7:15 this morning (oh, and after his 11:00 feeding I put him in his new sleep sack without the swaddler)!!! I hope it wasn't just a fluke...if not, I'M going to have to get adjusted to sleeping through the night again :o)
Thank you all for all of your input and suggestions. As Leah said in one of her comments, it's very reassuring to me as a first time mom to know that every baby is different and it's okay to try out new things and see what works. Anyone else who wants to post their experience, please do so. I have several friends who are or will soon be first-time mothers who check out my blog and would probably like to hear what other mothers have to say!
3 comments:
Kellye- that is awesome!!! Isn't it cool when you figure something out in motherhood?!?! I can't wait to hear how he continues to do with the sleeping!!!
awesome!! So glad it's going well!! What is a sleep sak?
Yeah- that is great!! Zayde was 6 months before he ever slept that long!
Post a Comment