Wednesday, August 13, 2008
More Questions
Well, for the past several weeks, LJ has been having streaks of blood in his stools, but earlier this week the amount of blood increased and became alarming to me. So the pediatrician told me to take him off of breast milk for a week and use a hypoallergenic formula. Thank God, its already started to work. He had his first normal bowel movement last night, and I'd never been so happy to see a pile of crap in all my life! So, now I know he's probably allergic to something in my breast milk, but what? During the week I have him on formula I'm eliminating all of the most common allergens from my diet and pumping...we'll see how he does with that. If I've eliminated the allergen, then I'll add back things one at a time to see which one is the culprit. Did any of you have this problem? If so, what did you do? Did anyone supplement for a short period then try to put him/her back on the breast? Did it work?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've had three kids and I have never even heard of it! How crazy is that?? Riley did get a sore tummy sometimes based on what I ate, but other than that I have never had anything like that. In case of questions...Google it! I have yet to find something I can't find an answer to.
oh goodness, I hope everything goes okay! I didn't breast feed Jordan for very long...so I'm no expert! Keep us posted!!
I have a friend that had the same exact thing...she figured out it was Diet Dr. Pepper finally, after eliminating tons of other things.....she did have to go easy on dairy too. We always supplemented formula with Kyla & she did fine......We'll pray for his tummy to settle!
Post a Comment