Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Hero


Well, Binx is the hero of the day. Doesn't he look ferocious? Well, he certainly looked the part this afternoon. I was inside with LJ when I heard a car honk, and I thought I better go make sure the cats aren't in the road. When I get outside, I see the neighbor's dog playing in the road, so I holler at her to get her out and she immediately spots Nala. Now, Izzy, the dog, won't hurt our cats, but she'll torment them to death if given the chance. So Izzy starts chasing Nala and barking her head off. Nala looks to me for protection but I have LJ in my arms so I can't pick her up, so I just stand there in between Nala and Izzy trying to think of something to do. While I'm thinking, LJ decides he's had enough with the barking and starts crying. As soon as LJ begins crying, Binx comes out of nowhere, beelines for the dog, fluffed tail and all, pops her in the nose with his sock'em-bopper (his paw, but he's declawed), the rounds up Nala, LJ and I and sees us all safely to the house.
I also should add that Binx was injured by some dogs a few years ago and is TERRIFIED of them. So, as far as he knew, he risked his life for his Momma, sister and bubba. What a wonderful little man! He got a can of tuna and lots of love and affection for his heroic act.

1 comment:

The Hickmans said...

Aw, what a neat story- thanks for sharing!