Saturday, October 11, 2008

My 2 cents

There are 2 things that I'm certain I couldn't have gotten through the newborn phase (and probably upcoming teething) without...one is the song "One Day At a Time, Sweet Jesus". I'm going to post the lyrics below, but many of you probably know it. It really helps me get through those days that I wake up certain I'm not going to make it.

I'm only human, I'm just a woman.
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am.
Show me the stairway, I have to climb.
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

Chorus: One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength To do everyday
what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.

Do you remember, when you walked among men?
Well Jesus you know if you're looking below
It's worse now, than then.
Cheating and stealing, violence and crime
So for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

The second thing is the first half of 1 Corintians 13:4, which is simply "Love is patient, love is kind" I cannot tell you the number of times I've repeated that to myself when I couldn't get LJ to go to sleep, and I felt I was at my wit's end.

Well, we're all enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend, and we're about to listen to the razorback game (although I think we might be having to apply the "love is patient, love is kind" theory to our team before the end of the game!!!).

1 comment:

The Hickmans said...

What a great song! The pictures of LJ in your previous post are adorable!!