Amy tagged me with this. I'm supposed to list 7 random things about myself. Here are the rules:Link to the person that tagged you. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 people with their links at the end of the post, and then scout them out to let them know they've been tagged. (I may or may not do this step - so if you reading this and I tagged you - surprise!)Here goes:
1. Gary was my very first crush. When I was in the first grade I prayed that I would marry him when I grew up. We actually started dating when I was 14 and here we are....12 years later!
2. My family has taken several fishing trips to northern Ontario. We took float planes to lakes that could only be reached by airplane. The biggest fish I ever caught in Canada was actually on my crappiest day fishing. I had finally had it with casting and reeling, and I tied a minnow lure on my pole, threw the line out the back of the boat, got comfy on some cushins, and put my hat over my head. After about 20 minutes I got snagged on a log, so Daddy turned the boat around while I tried to wiggle the lure loose. I was reeling the line in as we went toward the location of the snag, then all of a sudden my drag took off. HOLY COW, THE "LOG" WAS MOVING! I waited for the fish to wear itself out, but after a few minute of the drag constantly wining I began to worry I was going to run out of line. So we took off after the fish in the boat and chased it around the lake. After about a 10-15 minute fight, the fish finally surfaced....did a dolphin jump in the air, and managed to wiggle the lure from his mouth. So while I never actually got him in the boat, Daddy, Gary and I all agreed it was probably around a 40 inch Northern!
3. I like all different types of music. I listen to some country, instrumental, new age, oldies, classic rock, rock, etc. As long as it's in English and not rap or opera, I probably listen to a little of it. Gary and I mostly listen to Jack Johnson, James Taylor, Norah Jones and Paul Simon.
4. I love watching Christmas movies all year round. I can watch A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown's Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, etc. any time of the year!
5. It's a small world! For those of you who don't know, my Dad grew up in Elkins on a chicken farm. He was best friends with one of the boys who lived on the neighboring farm. After Gary and I started dating, and I began to get aquanited with his family, it became known that my Dad's boyhood best friend was Gary's uncle!
6. Here's an odd coincidence for you: Gary and his cousin were born on the same day, 5 years apart. His cousin's wife's birthday is June 19th, which is our baby's due date...if our baby is born on it's due date (highly unlikely) and THEY someday have a kid on MY birthday, then I'll start to wonder if there's actually something to this.
7. Here's one that I'll probably never live down, but I believe in ghosts. Here's my reasoning: I believe in the Holy Ghost, so doesn't that mean I must believe in ghosts? I don't believe they can hurt anyone or do anything...but I simply believe that they exist.
Okay, I can't think of 7 people with blogs to tag with this that haven't already been tagged. So if you would like to do this, then TAG!
1 comment:
We LOVE Paul Simon! In fact, in April for our anniversary, David bought me his grestest hits. I LOVE "You can Call me Al", Graceland", Boy in the Bubble", "Diamomds on the Soles of Her Shoes"... He is great!!!
Post a Comment