I know I'm overdue for some pictures. Sorry. But I'll go ahead and update everyone without photo evidence at this time. Gary's recovery was extremely slow going, up until about Sunday evening, when he began improving by leaps and bounds (somewhat literally). He decided he wanted to get started laying the wood floor in the entertainment room regardless of whether he could walk or not, and before we called it quits for the night he was walking quite well...without the crutches!!! We got the entire entryway complete, and we're about halfway done with the entertainment room!
3 comments:
Sounds great! I am so glad things are going well for you two! I am glad his foot is feeling better. I know he is glad to be up and around, too! We miss you!
Yeah for Gary!! : )
Hey, Gary and Kellye:
Thanks for sending the updated blog; nice to see there's a link to the old one too.
That's the first I'd heard about the snake bite, and of course I'm glad to hear Gary's on the mend.
Apart from reestablishing contacts, the main provocation to comment was on the old blog: the remarks about using some of Grandma Dawn's Asian things as accent pieces. I feel the same way, and my living room has five of her screens. And then there are the three rugs in the bedroom . . . so I think about her a lot; her influence is not forgotten. Isn't that immortality?
Your house is looking wonderful. It's almost enough to motivate me to paint my place, but it's only been 4 years since I moved in. Sorry I didn't get to visit when I was in town in June/July. Next time for sure!
And I too now have a cat! It's the office cat from our former office, who was such a sweet cat that I volunteered when she needed a home. We're still establishing the boundaries, and I haven't let her outside yet, but I probably will when the fence in the back yard gets replaced this summer. As if that will keep her in.
Hoist one (or two) for me.
Post a Comment