Thursday, August 2, 2007

Made a mistake, got kissed by a snake

Well, yet another disaster has come upon Gary. On Friday, we were at my sister's house and Gary and my brother-in-law were walking on the concrete from the house to the garage. While bs-ing and laughing about something, neither noticed the huge copperhead slithering across the sidewalk until it was too late. Gary, wearing flip flops, stepped right on the thing and it bit him in the top of the foot. So off Gary and I went to the ER, where they did absolutely nothing for him but charge us and arm and a leg for a couple shots of morophine. Anyway, here's a picture of the bite. But of course mother nature can't quit there....yesterday, Nala decided that she'd taste a few yellow jackets. She let out a cry like I've never heard, and next thing I know her head matched Gary's foot. It was quite a sight. I'll have to post a picture of that later, because I haven't got them off the camera yet.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Poor Gary! Sorry to hear abou that!

The Hickmans said...

Hi Kelley,
This is Amy from church. I hope you don't mind that Jessica fowarded your blog to me. I have one too now, so I'll email you the link soon. I heard about Gary. I hate that!! I hope he gets better soon, and STAYS better. :)