I'm going to let off a little bit of stuff that has been weighing on me for awhile. I'm not really sure why, but for some reason posting about it SEEMS like it might make me feel better.
So, since about 7-8 weeks into this pregnancy (I'll be 11 weeks on Monday), I've been SOOO moody and irritable. I've been very short tempered with LJ, and perhaps expecting too much out of him. However, I do believe I'm going to go completely crazy if he DOESN'T START LISTENING TO ME!!! Even if he doesn't quit the first time I tell him not to mess with the knobs on the stove, or turn on/off our media server, WHY DOESN'T HE STOP BY THE THIRD TIME I TELL HIM! Furthermore, every form of punishment I've come up with is completely ineffective for this strong-willed child I have spanked him, taken his favorite toys away, and made him sit in "time out." None of which are effective at anything except making him more defiant. I'm certain he thinks he actually KNOWS MORE (and BETTER) than Gary and I. I am simply beside myself trying to figure out how to get him to mind!
2 comments:
I am dealing with the EXACT same problem with Willaim!!!!!!! He will not listen, and I have tried the exact 3 things you mentioned. I don't know what to try! Christy Dean
Christy-
Maybe this is why their called the terrible 2's. Do you think it will end when they turn 3?
Hey, since your blog went private, I haven't been able to view it. I'd love to keep up with you guys since you're not going to our church anymore. :0( (what a crappy situation)
Post a Comment