Well, we're all doing well here. It's been one house project after the other for the past few months. What initially started out as a simple project snowballed into a complete re-do of the sunroom, a new roof, new guttering, rerouting of our gas line, a new patio, and some maintenance on our water lines (that I didn't know we were supposed to do, having been on well water my whole life). It's a long story, and really not worth boring you with; however, I must thank with all my heart all of the family that has helped us out SO MUCH during all of this. I know God loves us when I think of the wonderful family that he has blessed Gary and I with. We are SO thankful for them. I just hope that someday we have the opportunity to help them or someone else as much as they've helped us.
LJ's growing by leaps and bounds quite literally. He leaps and bounds everywhere. In fact, I'm dumbstruck when I see other kids his age that will stand still. I don't know if we've gone wrong somewhere with discipline or what, but the child is in a perpetual state of motion! He's learned to walk backwards and make himself dizzy by spinning around in a circle; he starts falling down and just cracks up. He also loves to watch this Sesame Street sing along DVD; it will entrance him right after he wakes up (which is about the only time he's ever still). He likes for me to play the "ladybug song" on the piano, and Heart & Soul; he'll dance around like he's trying to shake something out of his diaper. He's also discovered screaming (like a girl, no less) and it's ear splitting. I don't mind too much at home, but about ducked under the table when he did it at Jose's.
Binx and Nala are both doing well also. We have an impostor-Binx hanging around, though. I don't mind as long as he/she doesn't try to beat up my cats. We also have an orange cat that hangs around that I'm about to shoot w/ a bee-bee gun (for those of you not familiar, it will not kill them, just sting like hell for awhile) if he fights w/ our cats anymore, or if I catch him peeing all over our carport again.
I've been busy planning and preparing for our garden. I have high hopes for it this year since I'm not working. My Dad and I have been discussing and planning since about mid-January. We're always ready for warmer weather once the holidays are behind us. However, I AM thankful for the snow we had this year. It really made for a fun winter, and we haven't had a snowy winter around here in quite some time. I'm glad we have more of winter behind us than ahead of us, though!
Also, I yet again didn't get Christmas cards out this year b/c of the madness with home improvement stuff. So, if you didn't get one from us, nobody else did either....MAYBE this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment