I'll start off by apologizing that I don't have pictures up yet. I need to get Gary to take the pictures off my camera for me.
Well, we finally decided to trade in my Corolla for a more family-friendly vehicle. I've had my Corolla since 1999 (it was a 98 I bought used), and she has been good to me (had over 180k on her, and still going strong!), but she got to feeling cramped once LJ came along. So I'd been keeping my eyes open for about 6 months for a dependable vehicle that I could hope to get around 100k-150k miles out of, and I've looked at several, but none just struck me as "the one." So, for the millionth time, I was checking out auto ads on star shopper and I came across a 98 (go figure, same year as my Corolla) Camry, with only 76k on it (whoa! there are people who actually drive that little???). Being the skeptical pessimist I am when it comes to used cars, I checked out carfax expecting bad news, but to my surprise it revealed it had only had one owner, was locally owned, and was routinely serviced, etc. After I went to look at it, I also found out it had just had a major service done (alignment, timing belt, transmission fluid changed, etc.). So, I gave it a spin, and was shocked at how smooth it drove, braked and ran. No unusual noises, no pulsating or wobbling, drove straight, just to name a few. I had a couple other cars I was intersted in, so I checked them out and prayed about it all before feeling that I needed to pursue the Camry. So I prayed again that if this was the car that was meant for us, for us to be able to work out a price on our limited budget, and we did (I even got several compliments on my haggling abilibies) :o)~...so we now have a new (to me) car. So, now, we're needing to find Gary a truck. If anyone has a 4x4 extended cab Tundra or Double cab Tacoma that you're wanting to sell (or planning to trade in), let us know!
1 comment:
David just bought a new 08 rubicon this weekend! New cars must be "in the air" right now. : )
Post a Comment