Monday, February 2, 2009

Clothing size predictions for LJ

SEE EDITED EDITION ON FEBURARY 9!

I've been trying to make some predictions of LJ's clothing size so I can hit some garage sales as soon as it warms up. If any of you are wanting to do any holiday shopping while winter stuff is on super-duper clearance, here's what I've come up with based on his percentile on the growth charts:
At 1 year (in June): probably a 2T or 24 months (although he might fit in 18 months for a short while)
At 1 1/2 years (in December): Probaby just growing out of a 2T and getting into a 3T.

Right now I'm about to put him in 18 months. He's in 6-9 months now, but he's suddenly completely outgrown all of them, and his 12 month clothes are tight on him! So I'm just going to skip 12 month clothes altogether (with the exception of the ones I have), and put him right in 18 month.

4 comments:

B said...

he will probably slim up lot when he starts walking...J was wearing 18mos the summer before she turned 1 year...and she's 2 now and in 2t bottoms and 3t tops and probably will stay in a 3t for the summer...it's SO hard to guess how they will grow!!

Leah said...

Kendall is JUST NOW filling out her 12 month clothes! Isn't that funny? I've been buying 18 month for spring/summer, but really wanted to hit some winter clearance for next year, but am in debate over what size to buy!

He is SO cute.

Christy Dean said...

That's hilarious!!!! William still wears 12 months clothes - he's tall enough for them, but is not chubby so he's never wide enough for anything! Your little man is a doll. :)

The Hickmans said...

Wow! I knew he was a big boy- I don't mean fat at all, just a big boy- but I didn't realize that he would be so in those sizes. I do agree with 'B', he will probably slim down a lot once he starts walking and probably get closer on target with the clothes. I would just hate for you to buy a lot and then him not be able to wear them. I hope I haven't given you too much unsolicited advice! =)