Monday, September 22, 2008
Sleep disruptions....any suggestions?
LJ has been fairly consistently sleeping through the night since around 9 weeks, but about half of the nights in the last 2 weeks he's started waking up again in the middle of the night. Most of the time I just have to put his pacifier in his mouth again and he'll go back to sleep. Only twice I've actually had to nurse him, the rest of the time he just needed to suck on his pacifier. He has been drooling A LOT and biting down (hard!) on things, so I'm wondering if he's starting to teethe. I don't see any white dots yet, but I've heard that they can start having signs of teething 2-3 months before any actually appear. So I guess my question is, other mothers out there, did your baby(ies) go through this? Is it just something I'll have to get used to, or is there some sort of magic spell or recipe that helps this???? :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My 2 cents :) Both kids had random times of waking up through the night even after they had been sleeping through for a long time. Kyla got her first teeth at 9 months & it wasn't a big deal at all. Nathan has been drooling, chewing, etc. majorly since 3 months and just got his first tooth at 6 months, and his 2nd yesterday, and had fever, runny nose, and didn't feel good, sleep well, or anything for days before each one......I guess each baby is different....
All babies are so different, but I remember when Zayde started sleeping through the night- he would wake up in the middle of the night some nights for no apparent reason. It was so random. And, he still does every now and then!?
yah the sleep thing I think is just random...Jordan slept thru the night really well and really early, but had trouble when she was teething, had an ear infection and sometimes for no apparant reason. Even now she will go several days without waking up and then she'll have a few days where she will wake up through the night...so I have no idea.
Yes...Kendall was 3-4 months old and hers was a growth spurt we think. Could be anything. Just read another blog with a mom with a baby a few weeks older than LJ going through the same thing!
It's hard to go back to interrupted sleep after getting it back, huh?? He'll snap out of it...need not worry!
Leah
Post a Comment