Well, I'm back to work 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays). My mother-in-law watches LJ one day and my mom the next. So it gives LJ some time to spend with his grandparents, and his grandparents a chance to spoil him rotten. Furthermore, it gives me 2 days a week to get away from being Mommy and doing housework, and a chance to use my brain for more than figuring out why LJ is upset, what we're having for dinner, or where the cats could have possibly wondered off to. I really feel I NEED to work just a little, because I do grow tired and annoyed of the same-ol', same-ol', and by the end of the day Wednesday, I'm ready to get back to being Mommy with renewed energy. So I really feel that getting a break makes me a better mom. For those of you wondering if I cried...yes, I did shed a few tears, but it wasn't bawling or anything, mostly just tearing-up.
LJ is really getting to be a hoot. He has great baby accomplishments quite often now, like FINALLY getting ONLY his thumb in his mouth (he's been working on that since the day he was born), and sitting in his bumbo and knocking all the toys off the tray that I put on (although I don't think he knocks them off intentionally, but he seems to like watching me put them back on). He's also getting very close to holding a bottle. He REALLY tries to put his pacifier back in his mouth when it falls out, but he's not quite there yet. At least he has the right idea, though!
Gary, Binx, Nala and I are all doing well too. Binx and Nala are always up to whatever mischeif there is to be had. Recently, they've been catching a field mouse almost every day (outside, so far this year...but we'll get one in the house, no doubt). Gary's taking off tomorrow and we're going to try to take LJ on his first hike. Hopefully that'll go well!
2 comments:
I totally agree. I think working a little makes us better moms.
Bekah
So glad you are enjoying being back at work!! I know having a good balance of work and L.J. is healthy for you. Now instead of just trying to calm a crying and fussy L.J., you can calm the fussy old engineering men from the city who think they know it all! Ha, ha! Doesn't feel good to be back in the office? Ha! : ) In all seriousness, I know you were missed by your coworkers. Glad you are doing so well. Let's get together soon! : )
Post a Comment