Monday, May 19, 2008

Time is getting away from me!

Goodness, time is simply flying by for me. My camera battery died, and I'm not exactly sure where I put the charger when we moved the office from one room into another. We're in the process of organizing the office, and of course we MUST have it before the baby gets here...so once I find the charger we can get some pictures off of my camera.

I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday, and I hope to know more information than I know now. I can't be certain, but if I had to guess, I'd say the baby dropped over the weekend (which with a first-born can happen anywhere from 4 weeks to 10 days before delivery, so it really means absolutely nothing). I suddenly can eat more food without compromising my ability to breathe! There are a couple of other things that are/have been happening that make me think he's dropped, but I don't really feel that they're "bloggable." Either way, I bet the dr. will be able to tell for sure, so I'll find out if my instincts are correct.

Gary and I have our anniversary coming up on the 31st! We will have been married for 4 years, but as many of you know, we've been a couple for much longer (12 years....no break-ups, either!). I honestly couldn't imagine the past 12 years of my life without him. On one hand it seems like we've been together my whole life, and on the other, it seems like it was just yesterday that we went on our first "date" (or whatever you call going to the movies when you're 14 years old!). I'm SOOOOO glad that I prayed I'd marry him someday when I was 6 years old (he was my first crush). I really could not have been blessed with a better husband.

2 comments:

The Hickmans said...

Oh, how sweet!! We missed you guys on Sunday- I can't wait to talk to you about your "other" symptoms- I love talking pregnancy! ...I know I'm a dork (or freak, or whatever you want to call me. :)

Jeff and Mandee said...

That is so sweet. I knew you guys dated all through school, but I didn't realize you waited so long to get married. That is what I want for my kids. To get it right the first time, and not have to deal with all the messed up part of dating lots of people. I hope you have your baby soon. I know those last few weeks are hard. One minute you want to have the baby right then and the next you're say "wait, I have to get everything ready." I have to say, I liked it better when everything was ready BEFORE they arrived. You'll be a great mom. I'm excited for you guys!