Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still Here!

I haven't felt much like blogging recently, but I thought I'd let everyone know that we're still here and everything is fine. I got some profile pictures at the church baby shower I had on Sunday, so I'll post some of those as soon as Gary gets them off the camera.

As I mentioned, Sunday I had my first baby shower. It was given by our church. I really wasn't expecting many people to be there, and was seriously humbled when several arrived. I got quite a variety of items, and feel like I'm quite a bit more prepared for LJ's arrival.

I also had another dr. appointment this morning, and everything is still fine. My belly measurements were right on the mark and the heartbeat was strong, etc. The dr. said it felt like he was trying to work his head downwards. LJ actually has the hiccups right now, and is being quite wiggly. Rarely do his movements hurt, they're just sometimes a bit uncomfortable or catch me by surprise.

I'm not to the point of being miserable yet, however, I'll definatly say that I'm no longer comfortable! But I have a feeling that misery is lurking just around the corner!

Gary is doing well. He's been quite busy trying to keep up with the yard. All the rain we've had has caused it to thrive, much to Gary's dismay. I've also kept him busy making him constantly tell me that I'm pretty, don't look fat (just pregnant), that I'm not going to have any trouble losing the weight after the baby is born, etc.... :)

3 comments:

The Hickmans said...

You are beautiful and have the most adorable little body! I love pregnant bellies. :) I am so sorry that I didn't make it to your shower. We were camping and it was the only weekend we could go before the water got too low. I hope you understand; I did hate to miss it. You're in my prayers!

Jessica said...

So happy to hear you are doing well! Can't wait to meet little LJ!! : )

Leah said...

You make me laugh so hard!! I loved your last paragraph about all the things you are making Gary say to you. I remember those days, quite vividly!

It won't take you anytime to lose the baby weight, especially if you nurse. I am 10 pounds lighter than I was before I had Kendall!!! Crazy, huh?!?!?!? It's really just because of nursing, I know.

I can't wait to see some pictures, or maybe see you in person! We will be in Fayetteville May 2-May 12. Evan is in a wedding in HS Mother's Day weekend.