Thursday, December 9, 2010

Crazy busy & A little of this and that

CRAZY BUSY:

It's been a crazy week. Gary's sweet Aunt Dot passed away on Tuesday after a long struggle with declining health over a period of many years. I'm so glad I got to know her at least a little before it was too late. Gary and I got the privilage to travel with her to her son's wedding several years ago, and now I wouldn't trade that for anything. She was quite a hoot to be around.

LJ has held up extremely well during all the hospital visits and family get-togethers we've had since she took an ill turn at the beginning of the week. I've been so proud of the little guy (especially since most of those days he's been without a nap AND getting to bed about an hour late!)

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT:

LJ has really started using more words. "Off" is his newest to master, followed closely by "on," which still comes out as more of an o---nnnn. He's also been picking up books and sounding out their titles. He does a pretty good job for 2-1/2 years-old. He even sounded out "hat" perfectly...but I couldn't get him to put it together to form a word...it stopped at "h--aa-t." All in due time, I guess.

Okay, I'm going to change subjects and vent a little. I'm SO TIRED OF CAR "TROUBLE." I use quotes because most of the time it's something pretty minor, but it's ALWAYS SOMETHING! We got Gary a "new" (used) car, and have had one problem after the other with it. A slow leak in a tire, a small repaired chip in the windshield failed (now the windshield needs to be replaced), think there is a minor issue with the radiator, and suddenly terrible gas mileage. The most frustrating part is none of them are major problems, so when we take it in, the service dept. says "this is normal..." THEN just this morning, I noticed MY car having leaked a little oil. Great. I haven't had it checked, and I pray it's something minor....but I just don't know yet. And for my final complaint: Getting larger with this pregnancy it making it a huge pain in the butt to get LJ in and out of the car! Oh well, at least that will come to an end.

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

No comments: