Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dr., Automobiles, and LJ

Had another baby check-up, and all was well. It's always reassuring to hear that little heartbeat when you can't feel consistent movement yet. I've been feeling very light little "somethings" that I THINK is the baby...but it's hard to tell just yet. Next month is our "big" ultrasound when we should find out the gender! We should find out just before Thanksgiving.

In other news, Gary and I finally decided it was time to replace Gary's civic (that he's had since he was 16). We found an '08 xterra that we liked alot, and traded for. However, consistent with all major purchases we've ever made, we encountered a problem THE DAY we brought it home (after having driven it for the whole day before). Fortunately, it appears to be covered under warranty, and hopefully that will be the worst of the problems. LJ really likes it; it's Daddy's "so-big" car, and we're excited to finally be able to go off-road!

LJ's been exceptionally funny recently...actually he's either been great OR terrible, but never both...it's one extreme or the other. He's also been quite clingy to me recently; like really liking me to snuggle him, and for him to just generally have my attention. I guess Gary isn't quite as snuggly as me because he tells him "dada, bye,bye." Poor Dad. LJ's also been sounding out words from time to time. He still won't talk, but he knows how most of the letters of the alphabet sound and can make most of them; on Saturday he was snitching candy corn out of a bowl that said "happy halloween," and he was pointing to each letter making the sounds for "h-a-p-p-...he doesn't know "y" well, so it was "uh"...h-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n(which is more of an "m" sound)". I still swear he'll read before he talks. Another thing he's been really into is transformers (the preschool type) and anything with screws, nuts or bolts that he can take apart with a wrench, screwdriver, etc. I think he has his Dad's manual dexterity.

No comments: