Thursday, July 2, 2009
Bye-bye cable
Well, after much debating...we finally decided to shut off our cable. We're still keeping our internet, so our e-mail addresses and such are still the same...just no more cable television. Gary and I debated long and hard about this for quite awhile now, and we finally bit the bullet. After LJ was born, we find that we really don't have much time for tv, and when we DID find 30 minutes to watch something, it was something that was on the major networks that we can get for free over the air (even in HD). So, for $4 more than what we'd spend in one month on cable, we're getting an HD antenna and pre-amp that will get us most, if not all of the local channels. Gary is going to hook up a computer to be a media server (for all practial purposes, a "dvr", except we'll also be able to access any dvd that we own at the touch of a button...or two). The only things we'll actually miss are games that we care about on ESPN; and perhaps those would be a great excuse to get together w/ someone who has cable. Total savings: $1,008.00/year (I don't think ESPN alone is worth that!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great idea! David and I have never had cable. It was a decision we made before we married eight years ago... and we have never regretted it!! : ) Good for you! We love not having the distraction.
We did the same thing last month, and it's been great!I do miss it when I get up to feed Trail in the middle of the night. :)
Post a Comment