Monday, July 6, 2009

Accident filled weekend!

Goodness, I don't know what's got into LJ...maybe he's trying to walk and climb faster than his coordination will allow...but he was one accident after another this weekend. First, he thumped his head; no biggie, just add it to the rest of the bumps and bruises on his forehead. Then he and Gary were on the front porch and LJ just decided to take a leap of faith right off it...into our boxwoods. Gary caught him just enough to break the impact of the fall, so he was fine, not even a cry...just a bunch of boxwood leaves stuck to him. RIGHT after that, our front screen door got stuck; once I finally got it unstuck, LJ stuck his finger in it right as I closed it resulting in the most dramatic display of pain I've seen him have yet! At first I thought his finger might be broken, but after he got a death grip on my tongue, I realized it was fine and he was just very tired. After his nap, he put his blankie over his head and started walking around, slipped and hit his head on the wood floor. He hit pretty hard, but since he had his blankie over his head, it was cushined a bit. Then, the next day, he was trying to climb on top of a trunk in our bedroom, tripped, and smashed his mouth into the trunk. I thought his front top teeth had been crammed back into his gums, but I think that was just the illusion created by all the blood on his teeth. After about 15 minutes, the bleeding slowed enough for me to see the extent of his injury was a pretty nasty gash out of his gums. His teeth are fine. Gary and I are still unsure how a relatively round-edged trunk could have possibly caused such a nasty gash, but leave it to LJ to figure out a way to make it happen! I think I need to come to grips with the reality that my son will probably knock out his front teeth long before they're supposed to fall out.

No comments: