Friday, May 8, 2009

Naptime nightmare!

Beginning about when LJ started pulling up on things, LJ has been increasingly difficult to get to take his naps. He just wants to play! But then he's crabby, and when he FINALLY goes down for a nap he wakes up a REALLY crabby baby! So, I'm trying letting him cry it out (while checking on him after a few minutes) and seeing how it goes. I'm more typing this to calm my frazzled nerves while I listen to him scream...............Silence???!!! Could it truly be?...or have I spontaneously gone deaf??? It took 15 minutes this morning, and he slept for almost an hour and a half....this time it was about 5 minutes of playing followed by about 6 minutes of screaming.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hang in there you can do it.

The Hickmans said...

Oh girl, we go back and forth with Zayde. He has his good weeks and his bad weeks. (sleep wise) We are in a bad spell right now. Ugh!!!

Leah said...

He's a cutie!

I know...listening to them cry it out can be brutal!!! Pretty soon you learn to tell the difference between the "I need somtething" and the "I just am not ready for a nap" cry. :)