Thank goodness the weekend is right around the corner. We've been working our butts off on the house. I think we've gotten at least a years worth of work done over the last couple of weeks! I say "we," but in reality, I've done some, and Gary's done A LOT. I'm not really sure what's driving his motivation, but whatever it is, I think it's on speed.
In other news, we've been bombarded by these huge spiders that build webs the size of me (no kidding!) in between our trees. So when I go strolling through the yard, I get caught in a [censored] spider web about every 5 feet or so. Generally, my policy with spiders is if they're not poisonous and are in the great outdoors, then live and let live. HOWEVER, I've had to go against my own policy recently. I conducted a mass genocide of these spiders the other night, and I think I'm going to have to do another tonight. I really feel quite terrible while doing it....then I run into another spider web and don't feel so bad anymore.
Other than the ongoing cosmetic improvements, we're just getting the house ready for fall and winter approaching; trying to get a new coat of paint on the shed before the weather turns cool, making sure the roof doesn't leak anymore, and getting the yard ready to lie dormant for 5 months (thank goodness!).
I still can't get to the computer and other items I need to post pictures, but really there isn't much to see right now because everything's a mess.
3 comments:
I hate spiders, too. I don't care if they're inside or out, I want them dead. I hope that maybe you all can have a nice relaxing weekend!
I can't wait to see the house...I'm sure it looks amazing! But, if you don't care, I would rather you or Gary greet me when I come (and not one of your pet spiders!)
-Miranda
I know what you mean about working your hiney off! We are on the ones on speed, I think! : ) Our driving motivation is that we can't stand the clutter and boxes- we have got to get it done. I despise procrastination, and when I take a break, I feel guilty (though I know I shouldn't!!) : ) Can we come over soon and see it all?
Post a Comment