Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dr. appointment

We had another baby check-up today, and everything checked out healthy. We decided to not do the triple screen, simply because in the event that something came back abnormal, then I'd just be worried the rest of the pregnancy (and the fact that I HATE needles played a little bit of a role). She said that the only thing that it could detect that they might be able to help is spina bifida, but if it was severe enough to warrant "fixing" then it should be picked up on the ultrasound next month anyway. The heartbeat was strong and regular and the doctor commented on how much it was wiggling around (probably the effects of the cup of coffee I'd had a couple hours earlier). Now, I can't be certain, because it's still awful early to be feeling any movement (it being my first pregnancy and all), but yesterday on 2 seperate occasions, I THINK I may have felt a wee bit of movement. One of those times I'm almost positive that it was VERY light kick that I felt because it caught me so off guard. I'm sure I'll become all too familiar with the feeling over the next couple of weeks!

10 comments:

B said...

FUN!! Do you get to find out what you're having during the next visit?

The Hickmans said...

So glad to hear that everything is going well. You just wait- you'll be feeling that baby all the time very soon. It is so awesome!!

Leah said...

How fun! I thought it was hard to tell in the beginning if it was the baby moving, but I just said it was anyway. Are y'all finding out? I can't remember!

Hope you had a great Christmas and that Gary's cold is better!

Jessica said...

Wonderful news! Can I ask what names you have picked out? : )

Becca said...

Sounds Great! I felt movement that the doctor confirmed at 14 weeks with Kyla, so I bet that's what it is!

Campbell Crusade said...

Great to hear the positive report! I felt Alyson at 11 weeks- so I bet you really are feeling baby Hamblen!!

Jessica said...

Love the names! Too cool!

Rachel said...

Yeah Kellye,
By the time we get back from Michigan you will probably be able to tell that the baby is moving for sure!
Your pictures are both really good. Did you get your hair cut? It looks cute!

Jeff and Mandee said...

Thanks for the comment. My husband is doing pretty well, considering it could have been much worse. Congratulations about the baby. Babies are so exciting. We're having our last of four this spring. Summer babies are the easiest!! You don't have to worry near as much about them staying warm.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.